JOB SUMMARY: Assist in the day to day operations of the Human Resources Department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-screen applicants, log and forward/file applications and resumes to supervisors.
- Prepare and send follow-up letters to applicants.
- Set-up interviews.
- Generate new employee offer letters for signature by Director of Human Resources.
- Set-up pre-employment physicals for all new employees with Employer Services.
- Input all new employees’ information into TimeClock and MAS90.
- COBRA administration.
- NYS Disability processing and monitoring
- NYS disability quarterly billing information for payment
- FMLA eligibility and requirements administration
- Completion and submittal of Worker’s Compensation paperwork to carrier.
- Distribution and tracking of evaluations and changes in employment
- Assist with payroll timesheet edits.
- Employee performance evaluation administration and tracking.
- Assist with General orientation
- Monitoring and processing referral bonuses
- Intranet design and up-keep
- Internet career opportunity postings on SDMG website
- Maintain and enter Job postings on SDMG internet site for open positions with SDMG.
- Track clinical, laboratory and radiology staff professional licenses in database tracking date of expiration and notify supervisors in advance of expiration date to remind staff that these must be kept current in order to perform their job responsibilities.
- Verify clinical employees’ licenses at US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspection General to verify no infractions and also the New York State Office of the Professionals before hired and yearly to verify that they are currently registered.
- Keep track of all employee PPDs in Access Database and notify managers on a monthly basis of those staff members that are due and/or have expired.
- Employment and wage verification.
- May be exposed to hazardous drugs.
- Attends OSHA training upon initial employee orientation and annually completes an OSHA competency.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS: Extreme confidentiality required. Must work effectively with employees in conveying information. Excellent communication and phone skills required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: Associate’s degree in Human Resources, related field or 2 yrs relative experience in Human Resources.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 25 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment such as computer, fax, calculator, and telephone. Requires normal hearing and vision.