Epic Application team members are responsible for in-depth knowledge of the Epic System software and are the primary liaison between user community and the Epic application. They conduct regular day-to-day communications, review the software, and exhibit a deep understanding of the business operations and works with Epic, the Epic Application Team(s), Group Operations, and end users to tailor the application to the organizations’ requirements. The Epic Clarity Report Writer routinely preforms in-depth analysis of workflows, data collections, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of the Epic software; prepare detailed requirements, specifications and provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and configuring systems and procedures that meet user requirements. He/she is responsible for the developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with the Epic applications.
Epic Clarity Report Writers gain in-depth knowledge of the software by attending training at Epic and completing application certification, certified projects and examinations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and documents the general functional requirements and detailed technical specifications for a report/database.
- Assesses reporting needs to Epic customers through investigations, analysis and evaluation to create desired reports.
- Receives and documents formal requests from customer including specifications (layout, calculations, data source, etc.) Evaluates requests for completeness and if needed works with customer to finalize request.
- Creates complex operational and project-related reports including analysis, design, documentation, versioning development, configuration, testing, implementation and ongoing support for Epic Clarity and Chronicles reports. Uses tools such as Reporting Workbench and Crystal Report.
- Maintains existing reports and analyzes/evaluates requirements for new modified reports/databases.
- Prepares detailed specifications, technical and user documentation from which reports, downloads, and extracts will be written. Ensures complete and accurate logical definition of data.
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity and the ongoing quality control of delivered reports. Validates system build/reports designs and performs audit and report findings of security and data controls.
- Provides technical direction, guidance and assistance during project development and accomplish all required formal sign-offs.
- Investigates, resolves and performs follow-up tasks on system and related problems. Collaborates to seek resolution of system design conflicts for points of integration and communicates risk implications to team lead/project manager.
- Implements reports/database software in an optimal manner to minimize the effect on production and development activities.
- Consults with and advise vendors and technical groups concerning the continued support of reports and databases.
- Recommends changes to established guidelines, standards, methodologies and conventions as appropriate.
- Assists customers with quality assurance (testing) and documentation of testing results through standard procedures and processes.
- Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of the Epic data model and determine data structures that benefits the entire reporting environment.
- Ability to translate user requirements into functional & design specifications, communicate with report consumers to gather specifications, review designs, present drafts, and validate results.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues with reports, including reviewing code and database issues.
- On-Call responsibilities.
- Occasional travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be exposed to hazardous drugs.
- Attends OSHA training at Orientation and annually thereafter.
- RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS: Demonstrates the ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with the project team, and key clinical stakeholders, including business services, nurses and physicians.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as Engineering or Computer Science required
- Associates degree with 2 years of additional work experience in a related field or High school with an additional 4 years of work experience in a related field may be substituted for degree requirement.
- 3+ years system/reporting analysis experience (Epic Preferred)
- SQL Server Experience
- Strong background in programming, systems analysis, design and problem solving.
- Experience with business or clinical computer systems in the areas of data/information warehousing data and reporting of such data required. Solid understanding of computer systems, interfaces, software, and IT functions.
- Experience organizing and running multiple projects required.
EPIC CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Certified in Epic Clarity within 6 months.
- Requires sitting, standing, bending, and reaching.
- Basic dexterity skills, may be required lift and/or move up to 25lbs.