Job Summary: Responsible for coordination of the activities of the phlebotomy and office staff in accordance with group policy and procedures and with state and federal regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate phlebotomy staff
- Training of staff
- Monitor competency of phlebotomists
- Conduct monthly quality assurance meetings with staff
- Schedule phlebotomy staff to ensure adequate coverage
- Monitors and orders phlebotomy and office supplies
- Monitors efficient flow of patients in and out of the laboratory
- Schedules appointments for prescheduled testing
- Retrieve test results as needed
- Scanning and indexing of patient requisition forms, QA forms etc.
- Generate billing information
- Handle inquiries from physician’s offices
- Receive specimens and order enter testing requested
- Instructs patients on proper specimen collection techniques
- Interviews, trains and performs competency assessments
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- General problem solving as relates to laboratory issues
- Other duties as assigned
- May be exposed to hazardous drugs.
- Attends OSHA training upon initial employee orientation and annually completes an OSHA competency.
Relationship With Others: Direct relationship with patients, staff, physicians and administration. Conducts relationships in a courteous and effective manner.
Education/Experience/Knowledge: Graduated from High School or completed GED requirements and certified in phlebotomy. Experience in medical office environment and phlebotomy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires sitting, standing bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 20 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment such as computer, fax, calculators and telephone. Requires normal hearing and vision.