Performs the deployment, configuration and management of our desktop, laptop and hardware systems and works directly with our computer operators to provide helpdesk support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.
- Configures and installs computer hardware including but not limited to desktops, thin clients, printers, and scanners.
- Performs computer and telephony equipment adds, moves, and changes.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Troubleshoot and fix day-to-day software and hardware problems.
- Maintains organizations equipment inventory.
- Diagnose small to medium scale problems and devise methods to patching or repairing the system
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
- No regular travel required.
- Attends OSHA training at Orientation and annually thereafter.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS: Excellent communication and organization skills. Strong departmental relationships and has the ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Associates degree with 2 years of additional work experience in a related field or High school with an additional 4 years of work experience in a related field may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Certifications desired: A+, Network+, MCP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires sitting, standing, bending, and reaching.
- Basic dexterity skills, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75lbs, vision abilities required; close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.