The group began in 1938 with three physicians,Dr. Charles Dickson, Dr. William Dickson and Dr. Millard Slocum. These three physicians formed a practice and rented quarters at 258 Genesee Street in Utica, NY. By consolidating their practices, they were able to realize the benefits of a physician owned multi-specialty group practice to improve the quality of medical care received by patient. As the group grew larger, they moved their facility to its current location on Burrstone Road in New Hartford, NY. Today, the group employs over 70 physicians and 500 staff members. As the group continues to expand, the focus is still on patient centered, physician directed, quality care.
Slocum-Dickson Medical Group is AAAHC Accredited
Slocum-Dickson Medical Group is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), the nation’s leading accrediting organization of outpatient facilities. Being accredited means that Slocum-Dickson has undergone a rigorous professional scrutiny by highly qualified AAAHC professionals and found to provide quality care. AAAHC accreditation means Slocum-Dickson:
- Was visited by experienced AAAHC health care professionals
- Was measured against nationally recognized standards of care
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to maintaining patient safety
- Is dedicated to protecting your privacy
- Meets all federal, state and local laws as well as AAAHC Standards for the care it provides.