JOB SUMMARY: Effectively maintains the daily department functions for Central Supply, Shipping & Receiving, and the Mailroom.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes standard daily orders/requisitions for the facility
- Works with multiple vendors to assure pricing, availability, backorders, and delivery status.
- Maintains inventory levels for all items within the stock room(s)
- Monitors expiration dates on all supplies within the stock room(s)
- Generates and provides cost reports to the accounting department
- Maintains all required reports (ex: backorder & outstanding reports)
- Labeling of all DME (Durable Medical Equipment) supplies prior to dispensing
- Maintains files within the department(s)
- Works closely with the accounting department
- Scans and documents all packages arriving within the receiving area
- Delivers packages throughout the facility, and obtain required signatures
- Distributes all incoming mail to the designated area(s)
- Collects outgoing mail from designated areas throughout the facility
- Process all outgoing mail for scheduled pick-ups or deliveries
- Maintain supplies and service calls for the mailroom equipment and functions
- Linen distribution
- Must keep all work areas clean, safe, and maintained
- All other duties as assigned
- May be exposed and responsible for the handling of hazardous drugs
- Attend OSHA training upon initial employee orientation and annually completes an OSHA competency.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS: Ability to maintain an efficient working relationship with vendors, management, physicians, administration, and all staff. Must maintain professional, courteous, and efficient working relationship.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: High School Diploma or equivalency certificate. One year’s experience preferred. Computer skills: Outlook, Internet, and Microsoft Word and Excel
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS: Ability to lift 30-50 lbs. Extensive walking and standing required.