Botulinum Toxin Injection for Migraine
- Purpose of Procedure – To reduce headaches.
- Procedure Overview – The botulinum toxin solution will be injected into multiple muscular sites on the head to reduce tightness, and reduce headache.
- Procedure Details – The botulinum toxin is injected into multiple areas of the head and neck using a very fine needle. Patients should expect the injections to feel like a tiny pinprick.
- After the Procedure – There may be some soreness from the injection.
- Procedure Risks – It is generally very safe, but some side effects have been reported. Dry mouth, and difficulty swallowing are the most common, and usually only last a short time.
For more information go to www.botoxchronicmigraine.com