Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
9:00 am-5:00 pm
NEW HARTFORD LOCATION
1729 Burrstone Road,
New Hartford, NY 13413
Child & Adolescent Healthcare
Generations of Quality Care Under One Roof
Pediatricians are concerned with the physical, emotional and social health of children from birth to young adulthood. Pediatric care encompasses a broad spectrum of health services ranging from preventative health care to the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic diseases.
What is a Pediatrician?
Pediatricians are doctors who care for children, generally from birth to adolescence. Through their training they acquire the skills to treat a broad range of conditions from basic childhood illness to the most serious of diseases. Slocum-Dickson’s Pediatricians understand the many factors that affect the growth and development of children. Children change rapidly, and they must be approached with an appreciation for their stage of physical and mental development, and promptly referred if they are found to have any delays.
A Pediatricians Role
- Evaluating babies and children for appropriate growth and development, and screening for abnormalities and disabilities or delays, if any.
- Vaccination of babies and children, and advice about specific disease prevention.
- Advice on feeding, diet, food supplements, and other nutrition concerns.
- Coordination of care for children receiving treatment from different specialists, and responsibility for the child’s overall health.
- Health education for the family.
Slocum-Dickson’s Team of Board Certified Pediatricians
Emerita A. Pizarro, MD completed her Residency in Pediatrics at St. Vincent’s Medical Center of Richmond in Staten Island, NY. She completed an Internship and earned her Medical Degree at the University of the East in Quezon City, Manila.
Taryn Rio, MD completed her Pediatrics Residency at Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York Presbyterian Columbia University Medical Center in New York City. She received her Medical Degree from Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Stony Brook, NY.
Julius H. Simon, MD completed his Residency in Pediatrics and an Internship at the University of Oklahoma, at Tulsa Medical College, in Tulsa Oklahoma. He received his Medical Degree from the University of Brussels in Belgium.
Pediatrics Nurse Practitioners & Physician Assistants
Working in collaboration with Dr. Eadline:
Jill Cunningham, FNP
Jill earned her Master’s Degree in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program at the State University of New York Utica / Rome where she also earned her Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing. She graduated from St. Elizabeth’s College of Nursing with her Associates Degree. Jill is a member of the New York State Nurse Practitioners Association.
Working in collaboration with Dr. John:
Mary Metott, FNP
Mary earned her Nurse Practitioner degree from Community General Hospital in Syracuse, NY. She graduated from Mohawk Valley Community College with an Associate’s Degree in Nursing. Mary is certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
Procedures & Services
- Evaluating babies and children for appropriate growth & development
- Screening for abnormalities, disabilities or delays
- Advice on disease prevention
- Advice on feeding, diet, food supplements, and other nutrition concerns
- Coordination of specialty care if needed
- Health education for the family