DUTIES & RESPONSIBILIES:
- Collect soiled linen throughout the facility at the beginning of each shift. Sort and launder linen appropriately by the assigned program cycles.
- Fold and replenish clean linen to the designated linen carts to be distributed on the following business day. Delivery of linen to designated areas may apply.
- Maintain a daily count of linen being laundered, and change out the laundry disbursement sheets on the last business day of each month.
- Notifies the Central Supply department if service is required on equipment within the department.
- Clean filters daily for both the washers and dryers.
- Monitor and order laundry chemicals as needed.
- Work area must be keep clean.
- May be exposed to hazardous drugs.
- Attends OSHA training upon initial employee orientation and annually completes an OSHA competency.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS: Must work efficiently and effectively with co-workers.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: High School Diploma or equivalency certificate.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. Extensive walking and standing required.