JOB SUMMARY: Installs, tests, maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, and monitors Local Area and Wide Area Network equipment. Works throughout the organization, in the documentation, design, planning, implementation, growth forecasts and support of the network infrastructure. Works directly with end-users and equipment vendors to resolve design and implementation problems. Serves as technical project lead on small to medium sized projects. Participate in on-call rotation and available for after hours and emergency service coverage as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications; making presentations to an internal audience; work effectively in a diverse highly skilled team; and interacting positively with upper management.
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of wireless devices, routers, and switches.
- Strong understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
- Experience with the installation and configuration of Firewall and Firewall rules.
- Ability to setup and maintain VPN connections.
- Experience with the use of WEB filters.
- Ability to create reports of network traffic and usage.
- Knowledgeable in QoS and VoIP technologies.
- Strong understanding on network security and how to implement safeguards.
- Ability to assist in the administration of phone systems.
- Good working knowledge of Aruba Products, Dell SonicWALL and Sophos.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
- On-Call responsibilities
- No regular travel required
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be exposed to hazardous drugs.
- Attends OSHA training at Orientation and annually thereafter.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS: Excellent communication and organization skills. Strong departmental relationships.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as Engineering or Computer Science required
- Associates degree with 2 years of additional work experience in a related field or High school with an additional 4 years of work experience in a related field may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Certifications desired: Comptia Network+, Cisco CCNA, Aruba, Dell.
- Requires sitting, standing, bending, and reaching.
- Basic dexterity skills, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75lbs, vision abilities required; close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.